- We are LOCAL. We support local decisions to meet local challenges.
- We are INCLUSIVE. We seek broad community involvement and all points of view.
- We are STEWARDS. We take seriously the public’s trust.
- We are STRATEGIC. We strive to achieve positive long-term results.
Investing in Arkansas’ Future
Arkansas Community Foundation is here for the long term. We were founded in 1976 with an initial investment of $258,000 from the Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation. Today, we manage assets of more than $500 million.
Through smart investing and the contributions of individuals, families, businesses and nonprofit organizations, the Foundation will continue to grow and provide an ongoing source of funding for the charitable causes that matter to Arkansans.
Smart Investing to Build a Better Arkansas
Arkansas Community Foundation helps protect, grow and direct your charitable dollars so your fund or endowment will benefit your community both now and in the future.
Most endowed funds are pooled and invested as a group, using the “prudent investment rule” in all investment considerations. Based on the Total Return concept, this strategy allows investment managers to focus on maximum total return from capital appreciation, dividends and interest.
With investment manager Cambridge Associates, our Finance Committee develops investment objectives, policy and asset allocation, and selects managers appropriate for each asset class. Manager performance is then closely monitored on an ongoing basis. Our strategic asset allocation diversifies investments to achieve long-term growth while minimizing risk.
In order to provide flexibility, we’ve also formed an alliance with American Funds to give donors options and allow individual brokers to maintain an ongoing interest in investment assets donated by their clients.
Quarterly Investment & Allocation Reports
- FY 2022 Q3 Investment Report [PDF]
- FY 2022 Q2 Investment Report [PDF]
- FY 2022 Q1 Investment Report [PDF]
- FY 2021 Q4 Investment Report [PDF]
- FY 2021 Q3 Investment Report [PDF]
History of Investment Performance
Audited Financial Statements
- FY 2021 Audited Financial Statements
- FY 2020 Audited Financial Statements
- FY 2019 Audited Financial Statements