Apply for a Grant
Donor-Directed Grants: Selected by Donors Themselves
Most of the grants we award are what we call “donor-directed,” which means that a donor sets up a charitable fund at the Community Foundation and tells us which nonprofits he/she would like to support with those funds. We don't usually accept applications for these donor-directed grants unless the donor specifically asks us to collect applications.
Foundation-Directed Grants: Available through an Application Process
Each year we offer several opportunities for charitable organizations to apply for "foundation-directed" grants, which are selected by our staff and volunteer advisory committees through a competitive application process.
- Our signature Giving Tree Grant program supports a broad range of causes across our state, with grants made in each of our 27 affiliate areas.
- Arkansas Black Hall of Fame Foundation grants are geared toward projects serving African Americans and other minority populations.
- Arkansas Delta Endowment for Building Community grants target initiatives to improve the quality of life in 26 Delta counties.
- Our Bridge Fund provides grants that support education, libraries and the teaching/promotion of Arkansas history.
- We've partnered with Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation to launch the Summer Learning Initiative and increase reading proficiency for pre-k through 3rd graders in Arkansas.
- Our Youth Advisory Councils (YACs) are groups made up of Arkansas high school students who are passionate about philanthropy and transforming their community. Are you a nonprofit that benefits children and youth in your community? Learn more about how to apply for YAC grants.