The Oaklawn Foundation Scholarship, administered by Hot Springs Area Community Foundation, is available each spring for residents of Garland County pursuing higher education. The application is available Jan. 2 to Feb. 28, 2023.
To apply, click the “Create an Account” button above. After logging in click the blue “Apply” button to begin the Oaklawn Scholarship application.
When you apply, you’ll provide information about your financial need, educational history and community/extracurricular involvement. You’ll be asked to upload:
- Educational Objective/Personal Essay stating your educational plans, goals, and your personal story. Include any special circumstances you have experienced such as: military service, disability of yourself, sibling, child, parent or family member, single parent family, change in family/personal income, child care and/or elder care expenses, personal expenses due to unemployment or other circumstances, death in family, or casualty losses due to weather, fire, or natural causes.
- Two letters of recommendation, both dated no earlier than June 1, 2022. Undated letters and/or Letters dated prior to June 1, 2022 will result in a reduction to your final scoring.
- Copy of your Transcript or GED Certificate.
- NEW THIS YEAR: Proof of residency in Garland County, such as a copy of a valid driver’s license or Arkansas Identification card.
Interested individuals must submit the online form and all application materials by midnight of February 28, 2023 in order to be considered a candidate for the award.
Any Garland County resident who is or will be enrolled at any of the following:
- Accredited community college
- Technical school
- Four-year public or private college or university (including graduate or post-graduate level studies)