Imagine Your Impact
Arkansas Community Foundation can customize a giving plan based on your charitable vision. We offer a variety of options tailored to the needs of different kinds of givers. Consider where you might place yourself on this grid:
Where is your heart?
Place-based focus vs. Issue-based focus
Some people are passionate about a particular issue: perhaps improving education, conserving our state’s natural environment or helping Arkansans lift themselves out of poverty. Other people are dedicated to a particular place and all the interconnected needs of its people and organizations. An issue-based fund or endowment could be right for you if:
You want to honor or memorialize a loved one by supporting a cause close to his/her heart
Building Community Endowment
- Your life has been touched by an experience in a particular issue area
- You’ve been a committed volunteer and/or donor to a specific cause and want to provide a source of funding that will continue on even after your death.
Consider a place-based
- You want to give back to the community that has supported your family or business through the years.
- You’re active with a wide range of causes in your area and would find it difficult to choose just one to support.
- You’ve been a committed community leader and want the work you began to continue on for generations to come.
We can even customize a fund that combines the benefits of issue-based and place-based giving by targeting a particular organization or issue serving a specific geographic area.
How hands-on will you be?
Donor-directed grants vs. Foundation-directed grants
Whether you want to take a hands-on approach to giving or entrust the details to our professional staff and volunteer advisory committees, we’ve got options to suit your needs. Creating a donor-directed fund or endowment might be the right approach for you if:
- You already know the organization/s you’d like to support.
- You plan to support a variety of organizations and causes from year to year.
- You’d like to involve your children, grandchildren or others in the process of thinking about your community’s needs and identifying programs to support.
Creating a foundation-directed fund or endowment might be right for you if:
- You want to ensure that your funds are used to support a wide variety of causes based on the most pressing needs at the time.
- You want to give back to your community through a gift that is flexible enough to support dozens of local charities.
- You plan to support a particular cause, but you need assistance finding the very best organizations working to address that cause.
Learn more about about foundation-directed giving.
Structure Your Gift
You can create a fund or endowment suited to the impact you want to achieve.