Apply for a Grant
Donor-Directed Grants: Selected by Donors Themselves
Most of the grants we award are what we call “donor-directed,” which means that a donor sets up a charitable fund at the Community Foundation and tells us which nonprofits he/she would like to support with those funds. We don't usually accept applications for these donor-directed grants unless the donor specifically asks us to collect applications.
Foundation-Directed Grants: Available through an Application Process
Each year we offer several opportunities for charitable organizations to apply for "foundation-directed" grants, which are selected by our staff and volunteer advisory committees through a competitive application process.
- Our signature Giving Tree Grant program supports a broad range of causes across our state, with grants made in each of our 27 affiliate areas.
- Arkansas Black Hall of Fame Foundation grants are geared toward projects serving African Americans and other minority populations.
- Arkansas Delta Endowment for Building Community grants target initiatives to improve the quality of life in 26 Delta counties.
- Our Bridge Fund provides grants that support education, libraries and the teaching/promotion of Arkansas history.
- We've partnered with Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation to launch the Summer Learning Initiative and increase reading proficiency for pre-k through 3rd graders in Arkansas.
- Our Youth Advisory Councils (YACs) are groups made up of Arkansas high school students who are passionate about philanthropy and transforming their community. Are you a nonprofit that benefits children and youth in your community? Learn more about how to apply for YAC grants.
- Our SIMS grant program provides $500 awards to middle school science teachers to purchase consumable science materials. SIMS is made possible by an endowed gift to the Community Foundation from the Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation. Learn more about how to apply for a SIMS grant.
Upcoming Grant Deadlines
- SIMS Grants - July 1 - Sept. 15
- Giving Tree Grants - July 10 - Aug. 15